by Matthew Thompson
In the inaugural episode of The Triple Option Podcast, myself and Ashley Wilton from Gamebleed.com have an in-depth discussion about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and talk about our most anticipated games of 2017 before we get to know a little more about Ashley’s gaming tastes in the first edition of Five Questions. For more details continue reading beyond the break!
Direct Link to Episode 1’s page on Soundcloud (Hit the More button for the option to Download the Episode)
About the Guest
Ashley Wilton is one of my favorite game writers on the internet. At Gamebleed, he writes reviews and features about games he is passionate about. It is his way with words that sets his beautifully written pieces apart. Particularly enjoyable are his Focus articles which hone in on specific moments and facets of games like this wonderful piece about Halo: Reach’s final moments. Be sure to bookmark his site to keep up with future content from him.
Looking for some music to compliment this first episode, I found myself at the Free Music Archive where Lee Rosevere had some electronic sounds intended for podcast use. You can check out his page on the site here. The following are the two songs I used in Episode 1.
Episode Intro and Outro: Lee Rosevere “Let’s Start at the Beginning” from Music for Podcasts
Five Questions Intro Music: Lee Rosevere “Looking Back” from Music for Podcasts
I realize some may want to jump around to different sections in the podcast. I also realize not everyone has finished The Witcher 3 or its DLC expansions and we definitely go into spoilers during that discussion. Below I have the outline of the episode including time stamps (HH:MM:SS) for each subject and whether there are spoilers:
Introduction – 0:00:00
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Discussion – 00:00:40
- What attracted us to playing The Witcher 3? – 00:01:28
- What was our character build like (combat-style, magic, armor, etc.)? – 00:04:40
- What were our favorite quests and moments from the game? – 00:08:15 (MAJOR SPOILERS)
- What was something we didn’t like about The Witcher 3? – 00:27:36 (Minor SPOILERS)
- Which ending did we each get? – 00:33:13 (MAJOR SPOILERS)
- Which DLC did we prefer: Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine? – 00:41:39 (Minor SPOILERS)
- What is next for CD Projekt Red? – 00:43:45 (MAJOR SPOILERS)
Our Most Anticipated Games of 2017 – 00:48:48
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy – 00:49:33
- Wipeout Omega Collection – 00:53:45
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 00:57:05
- Micro Machines: World Series – 00:59:23
- Horizon Zero Dawn – 01:01:53
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – 01:05:25
- Super Mario Odyssey – 01:07:40
- Mass Effect: Andromeda – 01:10:51
- Spider-man – 01:15:20
Five Questions – 01:17:54
Conclusion – 01:26:22
I hope you all enjoy the podcast. I plan to have the first TV-focused episode up in March some time. I’d welcome any feedback on the episode whether it be about the discussions, intros or whatever else. This is my first time doing this, so I hope to improve it over time and your feedback will help. I’m currently looking into hosting options beyond Soundcloud including getting episodes up on iTunes for those that prefer that. I will keep you updated about that as I figure things out. Thanks to everyone who gives this a listen!